Friday, July 1, 2011

Having to be busy.

Having to be busy, a tendency towards the impulsive, the need to control, fear of not making money today so, by extension, fear that there will be no opportunities in future and following the logic to its conclusion, fear of death.

In practical terms, I know that I overtrade. I nearly always trade in the first 15 minutes of the session regardless of whether I have a trading signal or not. What I would like to do is to identify what I think is the very best opportunity each day. I know that there isn't always going to be a great opportunity but I'm here to trade and the marginal ones will be ok. I'm here to trade but not to overtrade.

It's quarter past 2 now so it's not likely to be an intraday opportunity.

Ok. I've found one. It's a long trade in QAN at 186.5 as the stock tries to turn around. Significant resistance is at 205 so there's lots of room for a retracement which is important because I don't think the downtrend is over. My initial stop is at 179.

chart

It's a straightforward signal but the sort of thing I might often ignore for all sorts of reasons. For example, I've tried this same trade a few times in the last few months and had to scramble out or, it's hard to imagine the stock finding favour or, it's just a bread and butter trade and I want more fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment