Monday, March 19, 2012

Testing 4300

The Asx 200 is catching up after a few days of underperformance despite a flat lead overnight. The index is at 4299, up 23, having been as high as 4309. There are a string of highs at this level in the last couple of months and it would be exciting to finally move out of the range.

chart

Most of my stocks have performed ok. The short position is in AGO and that has bounced back against me, up 13 to 306. The Friday close was unrepresentative of the day's action with a late portfolio pushing the price down about 4 or 5 cents. I did buy back some stock at 293 which softens the blow.

I've bought a few LNC at 132.5 and I'll add more if the strength holds as the day goes on. It's at the bottom of the trading range, above support and looks to be making a higher low.

chart

4.08 I'm selling out of RMD for 302 as the stock has hit a marginal new high today with no follow through. The momentum has stalled so that'll do for now.

chart

I also bought back into BPT this morning at 154.5; this finished a touch higher at 157. LNC closed at 133 and I bought a full complement at 132.2 average. MSB is volatile but went in the right direction with a 19 cent jump to 750.

The Asx 200 had another run at 4300 but failed to get through with the final reckoning a rise of 15 to 4291.

No comments:

Post a Comment