Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oscillating

It's 20 to 2 and the index is almost back to square having been 32 points lower after an hour. I'm increasingly unconvinced about the market so I'm getting out of the trades where I lack conviction.

Unfortunately, one of those is BPT which has started to accelerate. Out at about 158 average with the stock up to 161. I made back roughly what I lost when I stopped out the other day.

PXS is looking good though, resuming its rally after a few days of retracement.

chart

By dint of the March 2400 calls, NAB is my biggest trade. The stock is grinding up slowly and much of the time premium has come out of the calls so it's close to a one for one gain with any stock rally while the loss is capped at the value of the options; around 42 at the moment. There's just over a week to go on these.

The daily chart is below, and I'm looking for the stock to push up above 2450 in the next couple of days. That might be my cue to take some profit in the March calls.

chart

4.12 The index seemed to be tracking the Hong Kong market today and that market recovered from early weakness before selling off again. The Asx 200 closed at 4254, down 21. NAB followed it back down, closing at 2410.

No comments:

Post a Comment