Friday, February 10, 2012

Twists and turns

There's a deal in Greece but hurdles remain so the overnight mood was flat and, once again, there was no lead. The Aussie market is weaker but range bound and holding above recent lows.

My stocks are ok, two unchanged and one up 1.5%. The improver is PNA and it's hitting my target. I'm trying to sell half of my position at 384 but have sold a fraction so far despite being at the head of the queue at that level. The stock is a touch lower now.

I'm reasonably confident that there's more to come and 400 might be possible but I don't want to get greedy so I'm trying to finish the order at 382.

chart

3.17 Out of half the PNA at 381 as the selling stacks up and it has slipped to 379. The Asx 200 hasn't moved though and is still down about 0.6%.

4 pm I'm not convinced that the rally is over but it could be. The market has struggled all week and is down 35 points approaching the closing match out.

chart

4.12 The final figure for the Asx 200 is down 38 at 4245 which is half a point above yesterday's low. I planned to close out the balance of the PNA at 378 which looked well bid but missed out as a last second order took the closing price to 377. LNC slipped to 141 despite the buying being strong today but I get the impression the buying might continue for a while whereas the selling was more likely to be driven by a soft Friday. IPL was also well supported but slipped into the close.

No comments:

Post a Comment