Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sound and fury

The leadership challenge by Kevin Rudd of the ALP has created a colourful distraction for us today. The index doesn't seem to have been greatly affected. The Asx 200 is down 0.4% which is roughly in line with other bourses in the time zone.

I sold the LYC at 125 (v 123.5) on the open as news stories emerge of further local protests against the Malaysian processing plant and the lack of traction for the rebound starts to make sense.

chart

Paladin has had a good bounce today and because I was not necessarily looking for a new high, I've sold out half at 184.5 average. The daily chart has a recent high which could be classed as the first leg of an a-b-c correction which would imply more strength but I was in two minds so hedged my bets.

chart

My internet connection has been playing up for about an hour. Anyway, before it went down, I'd sold out half of the OST at 96.5 because after opening flat and falling to 93, the stock was struggling to get through yesterday's high. I left the rest at 103 on the off chance that the price shot through. That's happened as the stock has spiked to 105.5. The net effect is an average sale price of 99.75 versus an entry of 79.5. Here's a 60 minute chart.

chart

AGO is breaking above the high of the last few days, up 8 at 320 now.

chart

3.57 My system is down again. I notice, via the TV, that OST is up at 109.

No comments:

Post a Comment